Partners: BEAZ, Azaro Fundazioa, Southern Regional Assembly (Italy), Calabria Region (Italy), North-West Regional Development Agency (Romania), Business Metropole Ruhr GmbH (Germany), Stockholm Region (Sweden), Mazowieckie Voivodeship (Poland), Welsh Government (United Kingdom)
Cohes3ion aims to improve intelligent specialisation (S3) strategies by integrating the territorial dimension into their governance and policy-mix.
COHES3ION aims to:
- Increase the impact of S3 on each partner.
- Improve links between operational programmes in the R&D and innovation environment and the public and private sectors.
- Promote a multilevel governance model.
The project includes 10 partners from 8 European countries (Spain, Italy, Romania, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Poland and Wales), including Orkestra. The common challenge of the partner regions is to align the S3 at all territorial levels, with the aim of identifying synergies and complementarities across the different levels and improving their coordination and governance.
The Basque Institute of Competitiveness will participate by providing its expert knowledge regarding multilevel governance. Thus, it will provide its methodological knowledge and support for the development of learning between the regions, carrying out the following specific tasks:
• Design of the "Smart territorial mapping" exercise, methodological support for its development by the partner regions and systematisation of the exercise carried out in a document. The aim of this exercise is to identify synergies, complementarities and areas for improvement for the inclusion of the territorial dimension in the partners' S3 strategies.
• Facilitate the thematic workshops that will be developed during the visits to the partner regions in order to promote learning among the partners in the thematic areas of the project.
• Advise and coorganise the final conference that will have external experts in S3.• Advise and provide methodological support for the process of defining and monitoring partners' Regional Action Plans (RAP).
• Coordinate the elaboration of a policy recommendation document for the development of multilevel governance addressed to policy makers in the European Union.
COHES3ION has a budget of 1,874,632 euros, of which 1,573,380 euros are provided by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for 2019-2022 through the Interreg Europe programme.